The Swindon & Wiltshire Enterprise Adviser Network launched in November 2015 is the local arm of the national Enterprise Adviser Network working to create powerful, lasting connections between local businesses and the schools and colleges in our LEP area. The Network invites inspiring Enterprise Advisers (EAs) volunteers drawn from businesses who work directly with the school's leadership team to develop effective employer engagement plans.
They will co-ordinate efforts with other local businesses to equip young people with the skills they need to excel in education and life.
Each EA is allocated one school or college and will be supported by a full time Enterprise Coordinator. The Network has a coalition of local organisations working across Swindon and Wiltshire supporting schools and colleges to navigate what is often a fragmented environment.
As part of the National Careers & Enterprise Company Programme, this initiative aims to:
- Connect schools and colleges with employers and providers
- To make it possible for employers, large and small, to help all young people in the local area to have access to high impact encounters with the world of work
- Creating lasting connections between business volunteers and schools and colleges to develop careers plans and connections
- Complement and enhance existing activities, building upon strong provider partnerships and developing a new and innovative approach that results in young people getting the careers and enterprise support they need
- Support the delivery of high impact careers and enterprise programmes in schools and colleges that are impartial and available for all young people to access across the SWLEP area
- Prepare and inspire young people for their future.
- Businesses part of the Enterprise Network have seen these benefits:
- Easy access to a diverse, entry-level talent pool for your recruitment pipeline
- Skills-based employee engagement proposition for developing future leaders
- Access to an evidence base that focuses on 'what works' in school engagement to improve ROI
- National networks with education and industry stakeholders
- Direct influence in addressing the skills gap in your organisation
- Opportunity to showcase business locally, regionally & nationally
- Employees who are Enterprise Advisers have seen these benefits:
- A skills-based leadership development opportunity
- An opportunity to access and develop local business networks
- A chance to support their local school or college and wider community
We are always interested in recruiting high calibre volunteers, drawn from local businesses to help schools/colleges create or enhance their employer engagement strategies for careers & enterprise and help raise the aspirations of our young people.
Becoming an Enterprise Adviser is a unique opportunity to support a school or college in improving opportunities for young people, and it is also a chance to join a network of like-minded peers.
Clusters of schools, colleges and Enterprise Advisers will be supported by a full time Enterprise Coordinator who will bring together the schools and employers in the cluster effectively.
If your business, school or college would like to know more about the Network or becoming a volunteer Enterprise Adviser get in touch with your local Enterprise Coordinator:
Tel: 07467 440995
Steven Haines (South & West)
Tel: 07774 176751
Nicola Randy (East & North)
Tel: 07774 331914
The Swindon & Wiltshire Enterprise Adviser Network is delivered by Wiltshire Council and Swindon Borough Council on behalf of Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (SWLEP).